Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6055 - 06/08/09 08:51 AM Drawer after a while becomes invisible...
Challaud Offline
Mostly Harmless

My drawer which I've just customized as a basic dock which auto hides/shows when I activate the middle left side activation point for Hot corners. There's only one layer.
After a while when I activate it nothing shows up except a slight shadow (at the edge of the screen) and when I hover around where would the icons be the tooltip names show up but other than that nothing else.
I mainly have Mail, Ical, Things and Bento open up most of the time and Firefox.
I'd love to use dragthing but this is bugging me often. Only a restart helps.
and yes, I'm using the latest version of Dragthing and Leopard.

#6056 - 06/08/09 09:02 AM Re: Drawer after a while becomes invisible... [Re: Challaud]
James Thomson Offline

Deadly

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
Hmm, that's strange - not something I'm seeing here. Are you using Exposé and/or Spaces?

#6059 - 06/10/09 07:54 AM Re: Drawer after a while becomes invisible... [Re: James Thomson]
Challaud Offline
Mostly Harmless

Yes I'm using spaces and checked the box so it can be shown in every space. I don't know if this is relevant but i'm also using random pictures for my desktop background which cylcle every 5 seconds. Also I'm using amnesty to show my ical Events' dashboard widget on my desktop.
Funny thing is if I use expose a bunch of times mixing the "show desktop" and the "all windows" I can get dragthing back but I hvn't figured out what "activates" it back so I usually radnomly activate expose a bunch of times and then it will show.
Oh I just remembered that I'm also using Warp which also activates when I put my cursor next to the edge of the screen... I'll deactivate it to see if it changes anything...

#6060 - 06/10/09 09:56 AM Re: Drawer after a while becomes invisible... [Re: Challaud]
James Thomson Offline

Deadly

Ok, let me know if that helps, or you see any patterns. Thanks!

#6066 - 06/14/09 07:13 AM Re: Drawer after a while becomes invisible... [Re: James Thomson]
Challaud Offline
Mostly Harmless

nope didn't work when not using each app still happens and I don't see why...
I'm trying a new thing with hot corners:
- Middle left side "Show all Docks"
- Bottom left "hide all Docks"

I'll see if that works...

BTW If I can use the post for a little feature request:
you've got 3 types of preference pane General, layer & Dock,
but only the general one is accessible via the menu bar, maybe you could include direct access to the other preference panels (IE the active docks and layers) directly into the menu bar?
it can be a pain to accurately right click on the dock/layer to get to the Prefs...

#6068 - 06/14/09 09:04 AM Re: Drawer after a while becomes invisible... [Re: Challaud]
James Thomson Offline

Deadly

Ok, let me know if that works better. I wonder if it would also work better if DragThing was set to be a proper application with a menubar.

Noted on the feature request!

#6082 - 06/16/09 04:11 AM Re: Drawer after a while becomes invisible... [Re: James Thomson]
Challaud Offline
Mostly Harmless

Nope still...

Do you mean showing the application on the dock?
would that change the behavior in any way?

#6084 - 06/16/09 07:43 AM Re: Drawer after a while becomes invisible... [Re: Challaud]
James Thomson Offline

Deadly

Yes, and it might well.

#6092 - 06/20/09 02:57 AM Re: Drawer after a while becomes invisible... [Re: James Thomson]
Challaud Offline
Mostly Harmless

Nope still sorry, I'm not a quitter and i've purchased it an all but i can't use it like that...
I'll look you up again when leopard is out maybe it will fixt things or you'll have another release...

#6093 - 06/20/09 09:41 AM Re: Drawer after a while becomes invisible... [Re: Challaud]
James Thomson Offline

Deadly

Sorry. I'm happy to try and debug this further though. My suspicion is that this is Exposé related, but it would be good to know if it happens immediately after using it - that the window gets lost by Exposé somehow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  James Thomson 
Newest Members
Gregg Luhring, Chris Gramlich, gtsk, heijaborder, Nic Barlow
2411 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2411 Members
15 Forums
2079 Topics
8659 Posts

Max Online: 751 @ 03/27/08 01:29 AM
Top Posters
James Thomson 3240
Saskia 288
cormullion 130
Silvermonkey 122
Jasoco 105
Who's Online
0 registered (), 271 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod